Who is SingleMind?
SingleMind is a way of thinking. We're also a digital product design and development firm headquartered in the Portland area. We seek out dedicated and professional team members with broad interests and skills. Is that you?
We have an immediate opening for an ambitious, detail oriented, multi-talented person to work directly with the founder and CEO of the company on the overall day-to-day operations of the business. In a larger organization, you'd have a title something like Office Manager, Executive Assistant, Controller, Bookkeeper, Finance Manager, Project Manager, Operations Coordinator, Traffic Controller, etc.
But as a small and rapidly growing professional services firm, everyone here wears multiple hats. The key to success in this role will be the following attributes:
- Process oriented: Not only are you capable of following an established process but you continuously look for ways to improve what's established. Additionally, you are always seeking ways to operationalize existing behaviors within the organization to develop new effective processes.
- Metrics: What can be watched or measured can be improved! You regularly track your finances with something like Mint.com and live your life with a budget. You get the idea of KPIs and find the task of defining them engaging.
- Finance: You're generally familiar with the difference between a P&L and a BS but still find the notion of "Retained Earnings" a little foggy. However, you consider yourself very well versed in Excel/XLS.
- Cheerleader: You're comfortable being someone that has to prod others to do the "right thing". Asking your fellow coworkers to enter their time on a daily basis can get frustrating for some, but you find it a worthwhile challenge and enjoy looking for new ways to tricking them into thinking it's really not a big deal. And you're not a jerk about it.
- Clearly written: While you use txt with your BFFs, when sending a professional email you are someone that uses complete sentences and errs on the side of explaining your point, versus leaving it to chance.
- Driven: You're constantly on a path of self-improvement. You've read Simon Sinek, Daniel Pink, watch TED talks, participate in meet ups or hang out with coworkers talking shop, looking for ways to improve your workplace.
- Works hard, plays harder: You have an interest outside the office and it keeps you driven to work 40 hours a week and not 65. That could be your kids, or you're training for an IronMan - whatever it is, ultimately you prefer to be outdoors than sitting in front of an LED screen.
Your day-to-day tasks will look something like this:
- You'll be the first or second person arriving at the office daily. Likely before 8:00 AM.
- After orienting yourself for the day, you'll log into Harvest (our time tracking software) and check that everyone entered their hours for the previous day. If they didn't, you'll be sending them Slack messages politely reminding them, and then following up later that day to ensure it was done.
- Then you'll be reviewing RedminePM, our Issue Tracking/Project Management tool making sure issues were updated at the end of the day by the team. If they weren't,... you guessed it, you'll be reaching out to the team on Slack or talking with the F2F.
- Straightening up the office - while we have a cleaning service, we still need someone making sure the coffee is stocked, snacks are in supply, the whiteboard is cleaned, the conference room is in order, etc.
- 9:00 - you're getting on with your day...
- Running daily stand ups,
- attending team meetings,
- taking notes in high profile client meetings,
- special projects for the CEO,
- updating Team KPIs & Scorecards,
- scheduling team meetings,
- generating invoices for client deliveries,
- assisting the COO on project matters
- The list goes on.
- 4:00 to 5:00p You're leaving the office
Your compensation will truly be based on your experience and how closely a fit to the above points you are. We're a profitable and growing company that believes in high tides rising all boats. So as the company succeeds, the larger your share of the profit and overall benefits.
Important: If portions of the above description really don't sound like you, then this likely is not the job for you. We want you set up for success in this role and after 12 years of doing this, we've found the above is necessary for you to be happy, engaged and eager to show up at the office every day.
Our office is located on the Willamette River in beautiful downtown Lake Oswego, Oregon. We work flexible hours and operate as a team. Our clients range from small well funded start-ups to large multi-billion dollar international companies. Our space is bright with private and team work areas. We're surrounded by public transportation and convenient car & bike parking. A portion of the team works remotely, so telecommuting is an option. We truly believe in a balanced work/life ethic. SingleMind is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note: Resumes without cover-letters will be ignored.